As California suffers through a heat wave, HVAC companies are hearing from heated customers. So Bradley Mechanic is here to bring you some of the best tips on how to keep your home cool and comfortable without spending a fortune on energy bills.
AC unit placement
If you have an AC unit, it’s important to place it in the right spot for maximum cooling. The AC unit should be in a spot where the air can circulate freely around it. Make sure there is plenty of space on all sides and above the AC unit.
AC unit placement is also important in terms of maximizing energy efficiency. The AC unit should be positioned where it can receive shade from trees or buildings. This will help keep the AC unit cooler and reduce the amount of energy needed to cool your home.
AC unit usage
AC units can be very energy efficient when used correctly. Here are some tips on how to use your AC unit to keep your home cool during a heat wave:
– Make sure the AC unit is properly sized for your home. A unit that is too small will not be able to cool your home properly, while a unit that is too large will use more energy than necessary.
– AC units work best when the temperature in the room is between 68 and 72 degrees. If the temperature in your home is higher than that, the AC unit will have to work harder to cool it down, which will increase your energy bill.
– Close off any rooms in your home that you don’t need to cool. This will help reduce the amount of energy needed to cool your entire home.
– Keep the AC unit clean and free of debris. A dirty AC unit will have to work harder to cool your home, which will increase your energy bill.
– Make sure the AC filters are clean and replaced when necessary. A dirty AC filter will also make the AC unit work harder, which will increase your energy bill.
AC unit maintenance
Your AC unit is a critical part of keeping your home cool during a heat wave. However, if it isn’t well-maintained, it may not work as well as it should. Here are some tips on how to keep your AC unit in good condition:
– Clean the filter regularly. A dirty filter will make your AC unit work harder and consume more energy.
– Make sure the AC unit is properly sized for your home. If it’s too small, it won’t be able to cool your home adequately. If it’s too big, it will waste energy and money.
– Keep the AC unit in the shade. This will help keep it from overheating and using more energy to cool your home.
– Have the AC unit serviced regularly by a professional technician. A professional tune-up can help ensure that your AC unit is running efficiently and effectively.
If you’re in need of an AC unit in Orange County, CA, Bradley Mechanic is here to save you! We offer AC units for delivery right to your door, and we have a wide selection of AC units to choose from.
Plus, our AC units are Energy Star certified and come with a warranty. So if you’re looking for an affordable and reliable AC unit delivery service, look no further than Bradley Mechanic. Call Today!